Chantilly Porcelain

Chantilly porcelain was founded in 1730 by Louis-Henri de Bourbon. Prince of Condé, who decides to found a porcelain factory in order to produce Japanese-style pieces that he particularly preferred.

Of elegance and good taste, Chantilly porcelain is distinguished by its extreme refinement and quality of their pasta. The simple line is directly inspired by the oriental style that contrasts with the productions of time. It is the height of style "kakemono" and polychrome decoration.  After the death of the prince, Chantilly porcelain evolves and returns to the most classic trends with decorations washers and small branches, in red and blue. But the 19th century will be fatal for the Chantilly porcelain. Today, one last shop sells hand-painted items.

A set of 12 pieces of porcelain kakemono is exhibited in the city hall of Chantilly.